Never in my entire life did I ever think I would see so many girls running the halls naked. Before coming to SMU, I was a bit nervous about living in Boaz because of all the late nights and loud neighbors, but never did undressed girls cross my mind. When you're living around other people there are just some things you have to change, but I feel like wearing clothes is a no brainer. I would never in a million years walk around undressed in front of complete strangers. Is this something that is just part of the “college experience,” and something that I need to get used to? I hope not, because it’s not right. Something needs to be done so that these girls are no longer walking the halls in less than nothing, because I am sick and tired of seeing random undressed girls whom I do not know.
These girls walk around in front of whoever, whenever, not caring who sees them unclothed. The first night I saw one girl walk down the hall topless and wearing just panties and from then on it all went downhill. I know trends catch on and spread quickly but I never thought that something like this would become so popular so fast, nor did I think that there were that many girls with such little self-respect to think that walking around in front of guys wearing little to nothing or nothing at all was okay.
Girls in Boaz have unfortunately claimed the nickname of "Boaz Hoes" due to their infamous sleeping around and nudity. Unfortunately a majority of girls living in Boaz are proud of this nickname they have been given. And to be honest I am disgusted with it, and very embarrassed to be put into that category. When I told my mom about all of this, she was stunned and said that while she was in college, never would any girl even think about walking around a public place unclothed.
What has changed so much in girls and their perception of themselves that it has become acceptable to them to expose their bodies so freely? I am all for women empowering themselves, however, things like this cross a boundary and place the perception of women in a whole other category where instead, they are seen as degrading themselves. By walking around naked without a care in the world, these girls are being perceived as having absolutely no self-respect, which in turn makes others have no respect for them.
Wow! I didn’t know this was happening! As I guy I would love to see this but it’s not correct. The girls don’t have any etiquette or values. I totally agree, something has to be done! That type of situation is very disturbing for so many people… you should file a complaint or something.
ReplyDeleteWhat I actually find interesting about the whole nickname coined to girls in Boaz, is that some girls actually say it with such confidence as though it is not a bad name. One night I went out to MStreet and was talking to a group of girls and asked them where they lived; collectively they all cheered we are "Boaz Hoes!" All I could do then is laugh. Boaz, which is also considered the party dorm, made me purposely put it #3 on my list when applying to school. Transitioning to high school is one thing, but when you add liberty, and everyone around you going crazy, it takes college to a whole new level.
ReplyDelete